A variety of workshops have been designed especially for business and organizational settings and can be further modified to meet the needs of the specific organization or group.
The specifics of these trainings depend on whether the participants are leaders from several different companies/ organizations or the staff members of only one business. We offer a free consultation to clarify the parameters and set up specific goals with the organizer/ sponsor of the training (in person, when feasible; otherwise, by SKYPE). The training is then designed to fit these goals and objectives.
From an Organization
The following comments are from evaluation forms from a board development workshop for a small, non-profit organization in the USA:
- It was great to have an objective facilitator to help us discuss and look at the board as a group and realize that this is part of the process. It was helpful to have a big picture and different views of board functions and roles. It was very helpful material to expand in all of life. I appreciated the wonderful presentation skills and affection for our board.
- I appreciated Mario’s effectiveness in drawing out opinions and comments from the group, especially since we touched on some sticky subjects. Everyone’s honesty was expressed in a non-hostile, gentle manner due to the neutral, safe atmosphere created by Mario. The crux of the issues currently surrounding the board was addressed in an extremely satisfying manner.
- The greatest strength of this workshop was its facilitator. Other major strengths were as follows: board members were empowered to candidly express their concerns regarding board challenges; board members were able to share their personal, and sometimes emotionally-laden feelings about their own participation on the board, their limitations, and the need to take care of themselves. (This resulted, I believe, in a profound expression of support, encouragement, and deep caring from the group as a whole.); and I have a much better sense of fellow board members as people, whereas previously I’ve interacted more with their roles.
- I appreciated:
- Open communication, feeling safe to reveal personal issues in a supportive
- Visual effect of role description and placement for all to see.
- Encouragement for active participation of all members present.
- Excellent insight to our problems.
- I felt that this workshop was particularly valuable because of the presenter’s ability to help participants see the big picture regarding the role of a Board member; presenter’s ability to help participants focus in a positive way on the ineffectiveness/problems of some Board members; presenter’s ability to help participants become more cohesive as a group.
From a Business
The following is a copy of a testimonial e-mail received from the General Manager of JariMenari Spas, Nusa Dua and Seminyak, Bali, Indonesia after a staff development workshop that was conducted by Mario over a 4-day period.
I am happy to provide comments about the positive changes for the staff of Jari Menari Spa through the training you provided. First we met to discuss how you could share your knowledge to help us build a better sense of team among our staff and help them feel more comfortable communicating with guests.
During your four days of training we worked part of the time with our full group of over 60 staff and part of the time divided into 2 smaller groups. All of our staff enjoyed your classes which included singing, discussion, and a lot of role play. I believe everyone learned a lot from that.
It helped to build staff confidence and made them feel more confident to speak up with the guests. Instead of just following the Standard Operating Procedure (SOP) of what to say to a guest, you helped us to see that different guests might need a different approach.
The song you created for us we still sing at the opening of our staff meetings. Everybody likes it and it brings more spirit and attention to the meeting that follows.
I hope others can benefit from the work you are offering and that PT. Motivational Arts will be a big success.