The following workshops are designed for teachers, school personnel, youth workers, schools, school districts, universities, etc. who wish to include or expand the utilization of action techniques in their repertoires. They can be modified to serve the needs of a specific population or subject area more accurately.
All training hours can be applied toward certification according to the standards and procedures of the American Board of Examiners in Psychodrama, Sociometry and Group Psychotherapy and/or the North American Drama Therapy Association.
When sponsored by aschool, university, etc., fees are on a contract basis for half-day, full-day, and multiple-day sessions. Several workshop offerings can easily be combined into multiple-day programs.
How Rude! – Exploring Issues of Harassment and Bullying: Exploring the causes of and corrections for mistreatment in educational settings.
Drago-Drama Personal Growth Workshop: Using archetypal psychodrama/sociodrama to explore obstacles to significant life goals.
Rebels with a Cause – Working with Adolescents Using Action Techniques: An overview of the applications of action techniques to understanding the needs of and working effectively with adolescent groups.
Resourcing Your INNER ADOLESCENT: Exploring the unresolved issues of adolescence that are carried by adult youth-serving professionals and the impact these issues have on the work we do.
Gray Matter – Inside the Adolescent Brain: Understanding the neurological changes that occur during adolescence.
Role Analysis in the School and/or Classroom: A tool for assessment, educational planning, and developing socially aware schools and classrooms.
Working with XYZ in Action (insert most any topic area): Learn how to utilize action structures to teach and/or explore most any topic area.
From Students and Educators
The following comments are a sampling of evaluation responses from graduate students and participants in workshops in educational settings:
- University should hire Mario to teach the other teachers how to teach.
- I appreciated the way in which the facilitator was able to engage both students and staff in this interactive workshop. It really helped us begin to see the issues from each others points of view.
- Mario is an incredible presenter. He knows his material, there is no doubt about that. But he presents it in such a fun and energetic manner that I forget that I am engaged in learning.
- The experience of this day-long training really helped me to develop a more clear understanding of the issue of bullying both from a student and staff perspective. Having the opportunity to practice interventions without the pressure to get it right was very empowering.
- I was totally engrossed in the learning experience. I had fun and I was able to express my thoughts while taking in the ideas of my colleagues. Bravo!